The Warren Consolidated School of Performing Arts is an award-winning, nationally recognized program that introduces students to all aspects of theatre performance and production.
- WCSPA offers an in-depth project-based learning experience in a professional working environment. WCSPA is offered as an elective in the high school curriculum and is open to students from WCS high schools, with opportunities for students to school of choice from outside the district.
- The first year of study is dedicated to a sampling of fundamental knowledge, skills, and terminology related to drama, dance, and technical theatre.
- In subsequent years, students continue to build on those basic skills while pursuing advanced opportunities in areas such as acting, costume design and construction, dance and choreography, lighting design, scenic design and construction, scene painting, and sound design.
- Working together, students and staff produce several mainstage production of full-length plays, dance concerts, and musicals as well as more intimate second stage productions in our Studio Theatre.
- Students are placed into learning groups and rotate between various members of the WCSPA staff.
- There are four distinct years to the program; each year is referred to as a numbered “level”.
- Each level’s curriculum builds upon the knowledge and experience of the level before it, so regardless of whether you enter as a freshman or a senior, the first year of the program is spent in Level One.
- Each level occupies two schedule hours and is one full academic year in length; WCSPA is not offered as a semester course. Students who complete the first year of WCSPA will have their physical education requirement waived due to the dance curriculum.
- In addition to daily classes with the WCSPA staff, students are also exposed to visiting professionals, guest faculty, university workshops, field trips, and scholarship opportunities. Students in WCSPA also have the opportunity to join Troupe 1000 of the International Thespian Society, one of the largest troupes in the country.
There are a limited number of openings each year. Admission is based upon an application and an audition in early spring (either February or March) of the year prior to admittance. More details are available on the admissions page.
Let's Keep In Touch
Join one or more of our mailing lists to get interesting news and the latest updates on WCSPA shows!Sign Up