After numerous inquiries and the delayed scheduling process due to COVID restrictions, WCSPA will now accept virtual audition submissions through April 30th! Click the link below for more information on the process.
The Warren Consolidated School of Performing Arts is:
- A specialized performing arts magnet program for high school students in grades 9-12.
- Available to students in the Warren Consolidated school district as well as a school-of-choice for students living in Macomb County.
- A two credit class on a student’s schedule that they will take as an elective for one to four school years. Continued participation is evaluated on a year to year basis and students are not obligated to participate for all four years.
- A program that satisfies several graduation requirements (students are awarded 1 Visual Performing Arts credit and .5 Physical education credit after first year, 1 foreign language credit is fulfilled after their second year of study)
- A great way for students to gain practical skills and prepare for their lives outside of high school
WCSPA holds auditions in the late winter/early spring to join the program for the following Academic School Year.
Any student wishing to join WCSPA must complete the audition process.
- Due to a limited number of spots, unfortunately not everyone that completes this process will be admitted.
- While acceptance into the program is primarily based on a student’s audition, their academic record, attendance, and behavior may also be taken into consideration.
- Participation in the MSVPA program is not a pre-requisite for acceptance into the WCSPA program.
- In addition to performers, WCSPA is also interested in students that would like to pursue technical theatre, design, and production work.
- Anyone that completes the audition process will receive an email confirming their acceptance or denial within three weeks of their audition.
- Students who are admitted to the program must either accept or decline their place in the program, at which point WCSPA will work with the counseling department at their home high school to get WCSPA on their schedule and work with the student to arrange transportation for the 2021-2022 school year.
Students will not receive feedback, scores or evaluation on their auditions. Students not accepted may re-apply the next year if they choose.
Questions and concerns can be directed to Mr. Osenberg at email@example.com or 586-825-2525 x.6.
Let's Keep In Touch
Join one or more of our mailing lists to get interesting news and the latest updates on WCSPA shows!Sign Up